Total School Funding
2014-15 £57,738 (9.6% of students eligible).
2015-16 £59,130 (estimated allocation, 10.3% of students eligible)
Parents who are eligible, may make individual requests to the School for financial support. Please note, however, that it is the School, and not parents, who decide how the pupil premium should be spent. The funding will be used for generic projects, as well as to fulfil individual requests.
How the Premium was used in 2014-15
• Additional teaching support for Year 11 English (Click here to see Case Study).
• Five Year 8 form mentors (support staff) worked with pupils on organisation for school and homework, friendship issues and home-school coordination.
• After school support in the library.
• Counsellor, art therapist and exercise therapist.
• 2 extra pastoral support staff
Educational Trips and support with resources £15,000
We have offered either full or partial payment towards the cost of trips which form an important part of our curriculum and this enables students to maximise their full potential in the subjects they study. During our last academic year this included:
• Year 9 Ypres Battlefields Trip
• Key Stage 3 German Trip
• GCSE PE Trip and French Exchange
• Motivational “Next Steps” trips to Cambridge University and UEA Norwich.
• A variety of theatre trips
• Financial assistance to buy uniforms, ICT resources, stationery, text books, revision guides, transport (including annual charges for LAC transport from out of county), subsistence (lunches, breakfasts etc.)