We welcome applications from not just experienced staff but also those who are new to the teaching profession. Developing and supporting colleagues is central to our recruitment ethos.
Colleagues wishing to train as a teacher apply through UCAS. SHS currently works with Deepings SCITT and UEA. Students apply through UCAS to these providers and are given an initial interview and then directed to schools who offer placements in the appropriate subject areas. We are currently able to take placements in a number of subjects including English, maths, science, MFL (French and Spanish), history, geography and PE.
NQTs at the School are provided with numerous opportunities:
* Start on 90% of timetable and kept off cover where possible
* Regular observations of staff in various departments
* Pupil shadowing
* Close collaboration and regular meetings with Head of Department mentor
* Full staff induction and liaison with Assistant Head responsible for staff development
* Attendance on external induction / subject courses
* The chance to run voluntary clubs.