Why choose Spalding High School Sixth Form?
Sixth Form OFSTED judgements were:
• Achievement in the sixth form is outstanding.
• Through their excellent attitudes to learning, students make very good progress in achieving exceptionally and consistently high standards.
• The school sets challenging targets for students which most achieve or exceed.
• There is a high level of success achieved by the students along with their excellent personal development and the contribution they make both to the school and the wider community.
The genuinely caring nature of Spalding High School Sixth Form is one of its greatest strengths. All staff do their utmost to help students through their courses and to cope with any difficulties caused by the intense nature of study.
A2 Academic Success 2016
• 100% pass rate (A*-E)
• 61% of all grades A*-B
• 7% of all grades A*
• 80% A*-B in various subjects including Art, English Literature, Food Technology and Sociology.
• The tutorial support system assists students to maximise their potential and to make the most of the opportunities available.
• An exciting programme of enrichment activities is in place. In addition to this a wide range of study visits, exchanges and extracurricular trips are offered in this country and abroad.
• We have an excellent retention rate from Year 11 due to our system of individual support.
Launching your Career
• Usually around 90% of our students choose to go to university each year, the vast majority securing places at their first choice institution and course. We assist our students who choose not to go to university to make informed decisions regarding alternative progression routes.
• We have a very good student placement record at Oxford and Cambridge.
• There are opportunities to take on positions of responsibility and develop leadership skills via the prefect team, peer mentoring and the house system.
We provide students with the opportunity to participate in academic, social and extracurricular activities. Our range of enrichment activities enables students to improve their transferable skills e.g. leadership, team working and organisational skills.
Click here to see the opportunities currently available.